Wednesday, June 24, 2015

*Author Spotlight* Fabiola Francisco

Fabiola Francisco


Title: Perfectly Imperfect
Genre: Romance
Published: June 3rd, 2014
Pages: 175

Synopsis

Mia is a strong, successful woman rising in her career. She has her best friend, Steph, by her side, and a taste for party and men. She also carries the burden of her past on her shoulders. 

That is until she meets Grayson, and he throws her off balance, causing her to feel emotions she's hidden under the surface for a very long time. 

Will she be able to finally open her heart to someone and blossom, or will her past continue to haunt her and keep her sheltered under the murky waters of those memories?

Buy the Book




Title: Restoring Us
Genre: Romance
Published: January 11, 2015
Pages: 343

Synopsis

Two Years.

It’s been two long years since Ava packed everything and left the life she once knew far behind her seeking a new adventure. All, except for her broken heart. 

Once upon a time Ava and Ethan were in love. Their relationship was perfect, and they both planned a future together, filled with promise and hope. It wasn’t until an unwelcomed event storms into their lives, tearing their plans and dreams away; leaving Ethan broken and Ava unable to recover. 

Two years later, fate crosses their paths once again but the shadow of their haunted past lingers. Ava has slowly rebuilt her life, finally finding some normalcy in it. On the other hand, Ethan has sorted to releasing his guilt and remorse in questionable ways, but his thoughts never strayed from the memories of Ava. 

Will they get a second chance to rewrite their story, or will the pain and rejection be too much for Ava to bear and furthermore forgive?

Buy the Book


Title: Resisting You
Genre: Romance
Published: March 8, 2015
Pages: 119

Synopsis

Aiden is Chicago’s most desired bachelor. Women either want to tame him, or get lost in his touch. He’s a man who has it all: great job, money, and women. 

When he meets Stacy, the one woman who doesn’t surrender to his inescapable appeal, he is faced with a challenge he can’t resist, an exhilarating chase he is determined to win. 

The chase becomes a seduction neither of them can withhold. Will it last or are some habits too difficult to break?

Buy the Book


Title: Sweet on Wilde
Genre: Romance
Published: June 7, 2015
Pages: 283

Synopsis


Cheesy pick up lines.
Inappropriate messages.
Disaster dates.

I don’t want to be "Savannah, profile 8713," but a pinky promise is a promise you keep. What I wasn’t counting on was meeting a guy at the local bar. 

So what happens when you decide to open yourself up to new opportunities? You might just cross paths with someone who makes you believe in love. Parker Wilde brought out the best in me and understood the worst, but when an amazing opportunity presents itself and our lives take different directions, is being sweet on Wilde enough for us?

Buy the Book

About Fabiola

Fabiola Francisco is an independent Contemporary Romance author from Miami, FL. She has always enjoyed writing and found it a therapeutic way for to express herself when she was young. She began with poetry, and throughout the years went expanding to short narratives until she wrote Perfectly Imperfect, her debut novel.

Her love for books has inspired her to write her own story. She writes stories readers could relate to and grow with. She hopes to continue writing more stories to reach readers individually.

Fabiola also loves expressing herself through art and being out in nature. On her spare time, she loves to cuddle with a good book and a glass of wine.

Connect with Fabiola

Website // Facebook // Twitter // Amazon
Tsu // Goodreads // Instagram: @authorfabiola 

Interview

What inspired you to become an author?
Having a story to tell. That’s really what pushed me to write my first book. You know when you have a voice continuously whispering in your ear and it won’t stop until you listen to it? That’s kind of what happened to me. 
The first idea I ever got to write a book was in 2009 but I had no idea what I was doing or that I could actually get it done. I wrote the scene that was driving me crazy and somewhat plotted the idea. I saved it on my laptop and didn’t open it for years. In 2013 I decided it was time to take a look at it. Reading really helped me get the courage to write my own story. 

I assume all authors also love to read, so what book inspired your love of reading?
I do love to read, but I will confess I didn’t grow up being a bookworm. I really did get inspired once I found the books I truly enjoyed and resonated with me. Some of those are Emily Giffin’s “Something Blue,” “Something Borrowed,” and “Baby Proof.” “The Undomestic Goddess” by Sophie Kinsella also sparked my love of reading. Once I found these books, I found the genre I loved and was swept away in their stories. 

How old were you when you wrote your first story?
The first story I can remember writing was in middle school. That’s the time in my life where writing really became a priority and a way of self-expression that I could rely on. 

Who are some of your favorite authors now?
Oh, this is a hard one! There are so many authors that I love, but a few inspired me to follow the path that I am on by my love for their writing and books. To name a few, KA Linde, SC Stephens, Jessica Sorensen, Erin Noelle and Jamie McGuire. Reading their books just brought out so many emotions and helped me realize how much I love writing myself. I will read anything these authors write. 

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
Definitely a pantser. The most that I do in terms of plotting is jot down a couple of phrases of what I’d like to write in a chapter I’m starting on (specific scenes or interactions) but once I start writing that is all thrown out the window. I let the story and characters take over. I never know how many chapters a book will have until I’ve written “The End.” 

Are your characters based on people you know?
Fantasy always comes from some part of reality, right? My characters aren’t based on people in particular, but there is a piece of me in all of my characters. There is a piece of people I’ve come across in life in my secondary characters, but their individual personalities and quirks are an inspiration for the people I imagine them to be in my books. Friends I’ve had or still have may have helped inspire a character, as well as things I’ve lived may have helped inspire situations, but I always like to have fun with it and go beyond reality. That’s the fun thing about fiction; anything or any type of person is possible for any situation. 

What are some of your writing rituals?
I wish I could say I have more rituals than I do. Since I am a pantser, I just go with it but some of my writing rituals are listening to music, many times “sprinting” with a fellow authors and if the weather is nice, taking my writing outside with a refreshing drink. I don’t have a specific spot I need to sit at in order to write. I just take in how I’m feeling at that moment and sit where it feels right. Lately I have acquired a new ritual, which may not last long once I start up work again, but I’ve been writing late at night when the house is quiet. It’s really proven to work well for me so time will tell. 

How do other books influence your writing?
I have to say that other books have mostly influenced my courage to write the stories I have inside me. Sometimes I doubt if the storyline is too out there, or if certain characters will be liked. By reading other books, I realize that it’s okay, no, necessary, to follow your voice and once you write from the heart like so many authors do, it all works out perfectly. 

How do you get motivated to sit down and write with all the real world interruptions?
I get asked this question so many times from friends and readers. Honestly, writing is my stress release. Some people find quiet time when they run, others when they dance. I find peace when I’m writing, so to find time to sit and write when the real world is knocking on my door is easy. It’s what I do when the real world might get a little overwhelming. I also daydream a lot so I find the time, wherever I am, to write down those notes. I do carry a journal with me to make it easier to write things down if I don’t have the opportunity to sit and write for a long time. Also, my notes app on my phone has become my best friend. 

Which one of your books is your favorite? 
Oh boy, that would be like asking me which of my kids is my favorite. All my books so far  are so different that I love them all, but Sweet on Wilde has really stuck with me. I find myself wanting to reread it and get caught up in Parker and Savannah again. I guess that’s the romantic in me looking for a sweet story. 

If you could have a writing retreat anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be and why?
Anywhere in the world? I love this question. Somewhere in the mountains away from the big city. It’s so peaceful to be in the quiet of nature and I find it so inspiring to allow my voices to be heard without the hustle from the city.  

If your main character were an alcoholic beverage, which beverage would they be and why?
Scotch. Do I really need a why? Ha. Scotch is sophisticated with an edge. It’s a drink that draws attention yet is subtle in its own unique way. It’s a good time without being overly rowdy. I find it the perfect balance of naughty and nice. 

If you could live in a fictional world, which world would you choose and why?
A world where Kellan Kyle and I can live happily ever after. It would be fun to tour with him then retreat to spend some one on one. ;) He’s really my ultimate book boyfriend so any world with him would be ideal. 

What’s the best way to hide a body?
Body? What body? I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

This or That

Coke or Pepsi? Coke
Paperback or e-reader? (I guess she couldn't choose!) 
Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
Peeta or Gale? Peeta
Edward or Jacob? Edward
Money or love? Love
Tattoos or bare? Tattoos
Hairy or smooth? Hairy 
Call or text? Text
Hot or cold? Cold
Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Lord of the Rings
Coffee or Tea? Coffee
Halloween or Christmas? Halloween
McDonald’s or Burger King? Burger King
Batman or Spiderman? Spiderman 

No comments:

Post a Comment