Tuesday, January 3, 2017

*2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge*


The Lovely people at Novel Knight are sponsoring this wonderful challenge. The sole goal is to knock out books that have been on my TBR for ages (at least since 2016, which was forever ago!) This ties in well with my plans to claw my way out of the giant hole I've dug for myself on Netgalley and to read as many books that I've won on Goodreads as possible. And I get to decide what I want my goal to be, so it's basically a win-win-win situation. This challenge has an added element of fun though, in the form of the Hogwarts House Mini-Challenge.  



I discovered this challenge because of Lenoreo at Celebrity Readers. She twisted my arm, held a gun to my head, and threatened to do unspeakable things to me if I didn't join this challenge to help represent #TeamHufflepuff. (That's an absolute lie. A Hufflepuff would never do those things.) But the chance to represent Team Hufflepuff was the icing on the cake for my decision to join this challenge. 

My goal for this challenge is to read 40 books. So this means that I have to create a list of books that I intend to read for this challenge. You'd think that would be easy right, but I'm a mood reader and trying to figure out what books I'm going to want to read in ten months is just not going to happen. But I've gotta' come up with something, so here's a partial list of the books I think I'm going to read for this challenge. All books will be linked to Amazon, in case you want to read along with me. 

Schism by Britt Holewinsky
The Heretics of Death by Howard of Warwick
Christmas at the Vicarage by Rebecca Boxall
This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
The Silver Suitcase by Terrie Todd
Book of the Night by Oliver Pötzsch
The Midwife by Katja Kettu
Dove by M.H. Salter
The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne
Mirror in the Sky by Aditi Khorana
The Keeper of the Crows by Kyle Alexander Romines
The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
Is You Okay? by Glozell Green
Still Here by Lara Vapnyar
Defying the Nazis: The Sharps' War by Artemis Joukowsky
Girl in the Afternoon by Serena Burdick
After Alice by Gregory Maguire
Cooking for Picasso by Camille Aubray
The Wangs vs. the World by Jade Chang

This is just a partial list (you know, in case you don't want to count and discover that there's not actually 40 books listed) and there's a better than average chance I won't stick to it at all (that's kind of how I roll). Now are you up to the challenge? - Katie 


No comments:

Post a Comment