Tuesday, October 24, 2017

*Review* Washing Ashore by Ginna Moran


Genre: YA/Paranormal
Published:
Pages:



To escape the rule of a mighty merman king determined to imprison her in the ocean, Ava Adair seeks refuge on the Lost Cove, an island haven for humans who discover the mermaid secret. With her merman mate, Carter Stevens, she strives to find a balance between her love of the land and her affinity to the ocean. After discovering she has the power to control the sea, she must learn why the ocean bestowed on her gifts meant for royalty.

As her power grows and tension rises on the island, Ava struggles to remain on the shore though the ocean beckons her to return to the waves. Her unpredictable abilities make the ocean around the island dangerous for the human inhabitants, and Ava and Carter have no choice but to return to the water she fears. With the threat of discovery looming, Ava must harness her power to face the king and stop him before he destroys the land she loves and steals the life and ability the ocean has given her.



I was hired to proofread this book. The only aspects of the story that I influenced were the spelling and grammar. If you feel that my connection to the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be it, but this is my honest review. 

This is the third book in the Spark of Life series and it provided an exciting conclusion to Ava's new life. I definitely recommend that you read this series in order, the books are not stand-alones, although you would probably not feel too lost if you don't start with book one because Ms. Moran does a decent job of recapping the important details from previous books. 

There were some things about Ava and Carter's lives on the island that really made me mad, like raving at my kindle over the injustice angry. For one thing, the way the other inhabitants of the island treat them is horrible. It's not like Ava and Carter really want to be stranded on the island either, but they feel like they have no choice in the matter and they're at least trying to contribute. 

I had a feeling I knew how this book was going to progress before I started it, and I was largely right. There were a few minor twists that I did not see coming, but the main plot was fairly predictable for me. Granted that might be due in part to the fact that I wanted the story to go that way, so a bit of the predictability was just me getting my wishes granted. It was at least a satisfying conclusion to the series for me though. 

Overall I give Washing Ashore 4.5 out of 5 stars. - Katie 




Ginna Moran is a writer living in Austin, Texas but originally from Southern California. She started writing poetry as a teenager in a spiral notebook that she still has tucked away on her desk today. Her love of writing grew after she graduated high school and she completed her first unpublished manuscript at age eighteen.

When she realized her love of writing was her life's passion, she studied literature at Mira Costa College in Northern San Diego. Besides writing novels, she was senior editor, content manager, and image coordinator for Crescent House Publishing Inc. for four years.

Aside from Ginna's professional life, she enjoys binge watching television shows, playing pretend with her daughter, and cuddling with her dogs. Some of her favorite things include chocolate, anything that glitters, cheesy jokes, and organizing her bookshelf.

Ginna Moran loves to hear from readers so visit her online at www.GinnaMoran.com. You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest.

Ginna Moran is currently hard at work on her next novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment