Sunday, April 15, 2018

*Review* Between This One and the Next by Ginna Moran


Genre: YA Paranormal Romance/Psychological Thriller
Published: February 13, 2018
Pages: 306



One girl holds the key to life inside a mind broken by death. Yesterday, Skye Stone died. Today, she’s more alive than ever.

After dying and returning to life as a telepath, seventeen-year-old Skye wakes up with amnesia while imprisoned in a basement. Confused and afraid, Skye needs to learn the rules of her new life. Rule number one: Never fight back. Rule number two: Don’t reveal what you know. Rule number three: Remember who you are. Unfortunately for Skye, she’s broken every rule.

Accepting guidance from Luka Landon, the familiar boy in the cell next door to hers, unlocks pieces of Skye’s memory, all featuring Luka. Skye discovers they were on the run together from a cult called the Knezha Family and realizes the cult is behind her imprisonment. They believe Skye is the key to their future prosperity, because within Skye’s lost memories lie the secrets her captors will do anything to possess.

The Knezha Family pushes Skye to her breaking point through violence and mind games as they try to find what they think she’s hiding. To save Luka and find her future away from the Knezha Family, Skye must embrace the dark truth of her past and turn into the monster the Knezha Family made her. If she doesn’t, she risks losing control of her mind and freedom to the Knezha Family, a fate she gave up everything, even Luka, to escape.



I was hired to proofread this book. The only aspects of the story that I influenced were the spelling and grammar. If you feel that my connection to the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be it, but this is my honest review. 

This book was a mind-fuck. I swear I was about halfway through the book before I even really felt like I had any sort of grasp on what was going on in the story, and even then I'm not sure if I actually knew what was going on. And all of that is because while reading this book, I was Skye. I was absolutely dumped straight into her shoes (except I don't think she had shoes in her prison, now that I think about it), and it took Skye a long time to figure anything out about what was happening to her.

There is one thing that I figured out long before Skye did though, and that is that she and Luka should be hooking up. I couldn't help shipping them pretty much from the beginning. Luka was just so sweet and solicitous, and he didn't push Skye too much before she was ready. I have always preferred my boys more beta, and he definitely fit that bill.

Overall I give Between This One and the Next 4.9999999999 stars, even though I still feel super confused by everything because I'm pretty sure that's a large part of the point of the story. - Katie 



Ginna Moran is the author of an array of both paranormal and contemporary young adult novels including the Demon Within, Falling into Fame, and Spark of Life series. 

She started writing poetry as a teenager in a spiral notebook that she still has tucked away on her desk today. Her love of writing grew after she graduated high school and she completed her first unpublished manuscript at age eighteen.

When she realized her love of writing was her life’s passion, she studied literature at Mira Costa College in Northern San Diego. Besides writing young adult novels, she was senior editor, content manager, and image coordinator for Crescent House Publishing Inc. for four years.

Aside from Ginna’s professional life, she enjoys binge watching television shows, playing pretend with her daughter, and cuddling with her dogs. Some of her favorite things include chocolate, anything that glitters, cheesy jokes, and organizing her bookshelf.

Ginna is currently hard at work on her next novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment